Updating Security Operations Procedures with AI Technology
The artificial intelligence (AI) revolution brings new technologies into daily life. We’ve seen AI usage in diagnostic applications within the healthcare industry and in the emergence of self-driving cars, and with the growth experienced in these areas, it’s become hard to avoid AI’s massive implications around the world.
But how can security move beyond Siri and Alexa and harness the power of AI to enhance security operations? There are several ways:
- Advanced video analytics: Video analytics is one of the first major domains within the security industry that is being radically transformed by AI – and this is already in practice in many organizations today. AI enables video analytics to do much more than just alert users when a person or object has crossed a barrier.
- Operational efficiencies: Smart security solutions, such as video management systems or networked access control and visitor management, now can take the data being collected and correlate it with patterns in behavior for employees and visitors to a facility. This data, in turn, can be used to find ways that an organization can increase efficiencies and save valuable resources.
- Connecting devices through IoT: AI brings multiple data points together to be analyzed and transformed into actionable intelligence that can be used to solve real-world problems. AI makes it possible to take these multiple streams of information and make it meaningful and useful.
- Robotics: Robotic technology has taken the world by storm, but it isn’t possible without the power of AI at the heart of the technology.
- Decision-making: AI-enabled technology has the potential to take the guesswork out of answering alarms by determining which events require a call to law enforcement and which are false alarms. While much of this technology is still in prototypes, the potential is real.
As part of the upcoming GSX Conference hosted by ASIS International, I will be joined by other experts in the field to talk about how to incorporate the best of AI technology, including video analytics, robotics, and license plate recognition, into today’s security operations procedures. Attendees can gain insight into the latest AI-powered technologies that can streamline operations, increase efficiency, and enhance security across an enterprise, and will be able to take this knowledge into their own organizations to drive leaders to innovate security operations procedures.
Join us for “Update Security Operations Procedures with the AI Technology” at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 25, at the Global Security Exchange (GSX), powered by ASIS International.