Justify Your Attendance
You recognize the value of attending Global Security Exchange, but how do you communicate that to the person responsible for approving your professional development requests? We know it can be difficult to get approval to attend events and conferences, which is why we’re here to help.
Download the GSX justification letter (.docx) that you can personalize and send to your supervisor.
Other Tips to Help Justify Your Attendance
1. Attend as many sessions as possible
Why travel to multiple locations and classrooms when you can attend so many sessions in one place? Led by ASIS International, InfraGard and CSS subject matter experts, you’ll find 300+ sessions—each delivering valuable, actionable takeaways to help shape your organization’s strategy today and in the future.
2. Network with peers and colleagues
Connect face-to-face and network with professionals from all verticals across the private and public sector, allied organizations and partners, and the industry’s leading service and solution providers. Be sure to collect business cards and follow up within a week of returning to your office.
3. Share what you learned
Commit to your manager that you will prepare and share a post-show report with your team that includes best practices, tips, trends, and processes you learned at GSX. Examples of information you might include in the report are:
- Executive summary of key themes, concerns, ideas, and best practices
- Keynote session highlights
- Specific session takeaways
- New industry connections
- Information about products and services you discovered in the exhibit hall
Once your manager sees all the new business contacts you made, how much you learned, and how it can be applied to your company, they will be more likely to send you again the following year.
Tips to Save on Travel Expenses and Registration Fees
We all know it’s important to save money where you can. Plus, the lower your expected expenses are, the higher the chance your trip to GSX will be approved by management. Here are a few tips for saving on travel and registration fees.
- Register early to take advantage of early-bird and advanced registration rates—save up to $200 on your All-Access Pass!
- Book your room in the GSX housing block (opening in February) to take advantage of specially-negotiated rates and receive a free shuttle pass
- Check out special GSX travel discounts to save on flights, car rentals, and more