MCI is the official housing provider for Global Security Exchange 2019.
ASIS International has worked diligently with the hotels in Chicago to establish room blocks for GSX attendees and exhibitors. Improper solicitation of hotel reservations from any company or housing provider other than MCI is not approved by ASIS. Reservations made by unaffiliated organizations may appear to be for lower rates, however they may be illegitimate, have unreasonable cancellation or change penalties, or be completely non-refundable.
For your own protection, please do not make reservations through any unknown housing or travel company. If you receive a phone call or email from any company that is not our official housing provider, MCI, please contact ASIS immediately at email@example.com.
There are many reported situations of false or deceptive activities by some of the third-party room block marketers. Here are some things to be aware of:
- Many of these agencies cannot guarantee a reservation because they do not have contracts for room blocks with GSX hotels. They will contact a housing wholesaler to see if anything is available that can be resold to you.
- Even legitimate wholesalers cannot knowingly book conference attendees in the room block. Only an MCI housing representative can book within GSX block of rooms. If the hotel determines a convention attendee has been solicited or contacted by a wholesaler, the room rate may be increased to match or exceed the group rate, or the room reservation may be cancelled. A rate quote from a room broker is not a guaranteed rate. GSX rates through MCI are guaranteed.
- Rather than a one-night deposit, an unauthorized company may require payment of the full cost for the entire stay for each room booked at the time of booking.
- Reservation confirmations and numbers are often not available from these companies until less than a week before the arrival date. Even then, this may not guarantee that a room will be available when you arrive.
- Generally, these companies cannot secure a large block of rooms; only one or two at a time. Exhibitors should be particularly wary, since they often need to book a group of rooms for their staff who will be exhibiting during the show.
- ASIS is unable to assist attendees who have reserved rooms outside the block if problems result from booking through an unauthorized company. ASIS contracts with the official hotel blocks and includes clauses to protect GSX attendees should the hotel oversell the rooms, or should any issues arise with reservations made within the block.
Some of these unauthorized companies may claim to be a partner of ASIS/GSX or even outright falsely claim to be GSX’s housing company, however, a legitimate company would not call or contact you. If you are contacted by a company that is not the official GSX housing provider, MCI, or if you are ever unsure whether or not a company is legitimate, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.